FireFighter Money is a resource and community for men, women and families who are willing to do the work to build financial muscle!
Launched in 2015 as a community for Fire Fighters, EMS, Public safety and families, FireFighter Money is a quickly growing collective for those who are ready to improve their financial fitness!
We provide common sense, motivating, straight-forward information and techniques to get control of our money!
We believe that everyone has the ability to build wealth on a FireFighter’s income. Other things we believe in?
- We believe that making a Decision and taking Action is the solution to solving problems
- We believe everyone wants to succeed financially. We’re here to help make it happen. And not just make it happen but make it happen NOW and make it happen BIG. The kind of “big” where you change your entire future and the future of your family.
- We believe you deserve security, contentment, choices, respect, and a bright tomorrow. And we’re determined to give you the tools and knowledge to create this.
- We believe that being broke and struggling with money SUCKS!
The short version is this: If you have room for improvement in your financial situation we can help. Are you in? You can sign up for our newsletter at the top of the page to get updates, how-to, motivation and the stories of others. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Struggling with money sucks!
Take Action! You can E-mail directly at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
So who is behind the keyboard at Fire Fighter Money?
I am a firefighter, a neighbor, a husband and a father.
I enlisted in the US Army as an Infantryman before my 18th birthday.
I married and started having kids young.
I got out of the Army at the the age of 23 and went to work in the civilian world. I worked in business, sales, construction, and even attended college but did not know what I wanted to grow up to be until the age of 30.
After a year of volunteer firefighting I found my calling. I started night school, entered the fire academy and became a professional firefighter.
In 2009 I was the Man!
Great profession, house with a pool, 2 nice vehicles, loving wife, 2 great kids, dog, big TV, motorcycle, vacations, credit cards and the second mortgage. We were doing a great job of keeping up with the Joneses!
We were living the American dream!
But the American dream was killing us!
Every penny we earned was spent before the next paycheck arrived. My wife and I were both working (I worked 3 jobs) just to pay the bills. The wife and I realized that our money conversations were becoming arguments. I will never forget my wife in tears on the couch because she was not sure that we had our bills covered. So many “what ifs”! We were one missed paycheck away from disaster. We also realized that we had little to nothing set aside for our future. We were in trouble!
- “Its just money”,
- “Everyone has a car payment”
- “You cant take it with you”,
- “I work hard, I deserve it”
- “I can afford the monthly payment”
These were a few of the ideas that got me in trouble. I lacked a financial education and did not understand how money worked. I worked harder, I spent more. I was living the rat race. Work, spend, debt, work more. Not fun.
Then I made a decision to change things!
- How do the wealthy get wealthy?
- Is there another way to handle my money?
- Where do I learn about personal finance?
- Can I ever be debt free?
- Will I be able to retire with dignity at a reasonable age?
These are the questions I started to ask myself. I started to look for the answers. The answers were not hard to find but the solutions to my problems required effort. I took ACTION.
I now live in a debt free household! My FD retirement is not my only plan for the future. I will not be relying on social security when I retire. My children are financially literate. My future is bright! I have options, I have financial STRENGTH!